This grid shows when you can volunteer for this organisation. E.G Monday morning.
• Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
• Day-to-day bookkeeping, reconciliation of accounts with bank statements, prompt payment of bills and volunteer expenses.
• Bookkeeping for the ACTS435 account will be provided by the Project Co-ordinator, but the treasurer will consolidate this account into the financial reporting and management accounts presented to the board.
• Providing financial support to the creation of grant applications
• Liaising with any paid staff and volunteers about financial matters
• Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, for example the Charity Commission and/or the Registrar of Companies
• If external scrutiny of accounts is required, ensuring that the accounts are scrutinised in the manner required (independent examination or audit) and any recommendations are implemented
• Making a formal presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting and drawing attention to important points in a coherent and easily understandable way
Supporting the Board
• Preparing and presenting financial reports and management accounts to the board.
• Keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
• Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy
• Contributing to the fundraising strategy of the organisation
• Advising on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans
• Preparing and presenting budgets
In addition to the person specification for a trustee, the treasurer should have the following qualities.
• Financial qualifications and experience
• Some experience of charity finance and ideally fundraising
• The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
• Being prepared to make unpopular recommendations to the board
• A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis