We are looking for trustees to support us in developing our
• Finding relevant and meaningful ways to reflect the rich cultural diversity of the borough
• Cultivating relationships and influence amongst existing and prospective partners
• Identifying and managing opportunities (and risks) for growth and development in sport & leisure and in culture
• Improving the health of our local communities at a macro and micro level
• Understanding, exploiting and measuring opportunities for increased social impact
The possession of specific professional skills is useful, and will form an element of the evaluation process, but it is more important that prospective trustees were able to demonstrate experience to a high level, and a track record in the above competencies.
For example you may be:
• A community leader
• A senior leader or director from an art, culture, heritage or leisure organisation
• A professional Greater Manchester athlete, sports person or artist
• A senior health professional or academic
• A senior ICT and/or business professional
• A senior academic in sports, culture or humanities, or a head teacher
The role is voluntary. Prior experience as a Trustee is not necessary.
Trustees are asked to commit to four formal Board meetings per year, plus two away days.
There is also an ambassadorial element to the role and from time to time, trustees will be required to represent the charity at meetings and functions.
Your Trust is committed to representing the diversity of our communities and recognise the beneficial impact that difference has on our work. We actively encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds, particularly underrepresented
groups (e.g. black, Asian and minority ethnic groups, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ community).
Start date: 3rd May 2022
End date: 17th May 2022
When can volunteers volunteer? Weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly, Quarterly
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this organisation. E.G Monday morning.
| Tasks the volunteer will be required to do:
Duties / Responsibilities
1. To set and pursue the vision, mission and values of the organisation
2. To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law,
company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
3. To ensure that the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document
4. To ensure the organisation maintains proper financial control and applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives
5. To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
6. To oversee the strategic management of risks for all aspects of the organisation
7. To monitor the implementation of internal policies, which must include equality &
diversity and health & safety policies
8. To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation in line with principles set out in the Trustees Code of Conduct
9. To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation
10. To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
11. To protect and manage the assets of the organisation and to ensure the proper
investment of funds
12. To promote the organisation and act in its best interests, never in the interests of yourself or another organisation
13. To appoint the Chief Executive and monitor his / her performance
In addition to the above statutory duties, each Trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the Board of Trustees reach sound decisions.
This may involve:
1. Scrutinising board papers
2. Leading discussions
3. Focusing on key issues
4. Providing guidance on new initiatives
5. Other issues in which the Trustee has special expertise
Areas of Interest: Art, Community, Community centre, Drama, Health and wellbeing, Public events, Race and Ethnicity, Recreation, Sport
What activities will the volunteer do? Trusteeship
DBS Check Required: No
About the host organisation
Hosted by: Your Trust
Organisation Profile: Touchstones Rochdale is the award-winning arts and heritage centre in Rochdale, Lancashire. Part of Your Trust Arts & Heritage Service.
Charity number: 1118610