Willow Wood Hospice are looking for new volunteers to join their kitchen team. The hospice are now running an all day menu. This means that the hospice kitchen will be open and in use for longer periods during the day.
The hospice need volunteers to help them with simple meal preparation. This could involve preparing the ingredients for the meals or cooking the food. The meals will be served to the people that are cared for by the hospice
When can volunteers volunteer? Weekly
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this organisation. E.G Monday morning.
| Tasks the volunteer will be required to do:
Meal preparation and cooking. Working in the kitchen and making meals from an all day menu as required. Volunteers will help with keeping the kitchen clean and tidy
- All aspects of ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen throughout the week.
- Providing a pleasant and friendly service to customers, staff and patients.
- Being an active member within a team of staff and volunteers, showing empathy and support and good communication skills.
- Making hot and cold drinks.
- Preparing vegetables.
- Taking orders, using the cash register and card machine.
- Washing dishes, clearing and cleaning tables.
- Taking meals to the in-patient area and day services.
- Cleaning and tidying of the kitchen area.
- Loading and unload of the dishwasher.
- To undertake relevant training when necessary.
- Helping with fundraising activities.
- To fill in safety food books and safety records.
- Maintaining and adhering to all willow wood hospice policies and guidelines, which include confidentiality, food hygiene standards, and health and safety.
- Various hours and work patterns available
Skill and Qualifications Required:
Cooking and food preparation skills are needed.
Food Hygiene level 2. If you dont have this qualification get in touch with Action Together and you will be signposted to an organisation that will allow you to get this qualification for free.
Areas of Interest: Community, Health and wellbeing, Hospices, Older people
Opportunity suitable for: Indoor, Long term commitment, Older people, People seeking work
What activities will the volunteer do? Catering, Lending a helping hand
Skills gained in this role: Catering, Organising, Talking to others, Teamwork
Home based opportunity? No
DBS Check Required: No
Opportunity Accessibility: Clearly marked accessible parking spaces, Step free access clearly signposted into the building, Automatic opening doors, Lift to other floors / step free access throughout the building, Accessible toilets
About the host organisation
Hosted by: Willow Wood Hospice
Organisation Profile: Willow Wood Hospice is an adult Hospice providing specialist palliative care for patients with life limiting illness, both cancer and non-cancer diagnosis.
We provide care, free of charge, and patients, families and their carers are at the centre of everything we do. Our mission is to continue to provide, free of charge, the highest quality supportive and end of life care to patients with life limiting illness, along with love, care and support to the families and carers during illness and continuing bereavement.
Love and care for patients, families and carers.
Respect For People in life, and at the end of life.
Integrity being open and honest.
Collaboration By people working together.
Development By sharing knowledge and skills, for the benefit of all.
Charity number: 1029318