This grid shows when you can volunteer for this organisation. E.G Monday morning.
Ensure the Board fulfils its administrative responsibilities
• Deal with Trustee and Board correspondence and keep appropriate records
• Monitor the progress of work as agreed by the Trustee Board
• Ensure the Trustee Board meets its legal obligations, including reporting, meeting charity and company law and insurance requirements
• Record decisions and policy in formal minutes.
o Ensure the proper administration of Trustee Board meetings
o Ensure minutes are taken and produced
o Ensure decisions are clearly recorded
o Record who will do what by when, as agreed by the Trustee Board
Make arrangements for Trustee Board meetings
• Receive agenda items and prepare the agenda with the Chair and Chief Officer
• Ensure the circulation of agendas, previous minutes, and papers, prior to meetings
• Ensure that any Trustee Board members who have been given tasks know what it is they have been asked to do
• Book meeting rooms, as required
• Check that action has been taken following decisions at previous meetings
• Ensure members are informed of the AGM and any Extraordinary or Special Meetings
• Ensure the Annual Report is written and produced and sent to relevant bodies.
Joint management of the Volunteer Administrator
• To work with the volunteer administrator on a regular basis to ensure that systems are in place and tasks are completed as required.
• To work jointly with the council advisors to manage the volunteer administrator and in the future with the Chief Officer/Centre Manager to agree priorities and duties required of the post.
• A good knowledge of administrative procedures
• Ability to write clearly
• Ability to progress chase in a coaching rather than an autocratic manner
• Ability to provide clear advice on procedural and relevant legislative matters..
• Ability to communicate clearly.
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Knowledge of charity law and legislation
• Knowledge of Human Resource management and systems
• Knowledge of the VCFSE sector
• Knowledge of commercial sponsorship and fundraising