Healthwatch Tameside Board Member
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this organisation. E.G Monday morning.
The Board does three main things:
• Makes sure that Healthwatch meets its legal obligations – we have to operate in line with company law as well as use or legal powers in the best interests of local people;
• Makes sure that Healthwatch does what it is being paid to deliver – our funding agreement contains detailed information about the services that Healthwatch must provide;
• Agrees how we will set our priorities – the staff team is responsible for our day to day work but the Board is responsible for setting the overall work areas and the policies and procedures the staff team will follow.
We are looking to appoint additional board members, with one or more of the following specific experiences or knowledge:
1. Commissioning or managing health and/or social care services.
2. Delivering public services particularly within a health and social care environment.
3. Running an information or advice service for members of the public.
4. Experience of managing domiciliary care or residential/nursing home services.
5. Management or leadership of a voluntary organisation or social enterprise.
6. Experience of working with children and/or young people.
7. Strategic management of a large organisation.
8. Community engagement with local residents to enable their experiences to influence policy and service delivery.
We expect Board members to be committed to good quality health and care services for people in Tameside. In addition to this, there are some specific expectations:
• Attendance and participation in Board meetings – approximately once every two months
• Preparation for Board meetings – reading the papers before the meeting and asking for more information if they need it
• Participation in Board training and development activities
• Acting as an ambassador for Healthwatch – including respecting and representing the Board’s agreed position on a range of topics
• Always acting selflessly, in the best interests of Healthwatch, in line with standards of accountability in public life.