**Come along to our Meet the Funder session to find out more about the fund. The session will be held on Wednesday 23 June at 11.30am - 12.30pm. To book a place please click here.**
Aims/priorities: Volunteers’ Week (1 – 7 June) is a time to say thank you for the fantastic contribution volunteers make. During an exceptionally difficult year, people from all walks of life have taken the time to volunteer and made a huge difference to people and their communities. Action Together is inviting local voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise groups across Oldham, Tameside and Rochdale to apply for one of our Volunteer Celebration Funds to support an activity during 2021. When thanking your volunteers, take a moment to remember each and every one of them. From trustees and campaigners to carers and fundraisers, this is a great time to think about the fantastic contribution all your volunteers make. It’s also a chance to think about what volunteering means to you. How can you celebrate people from every walk of life who are getting involved in volunteering? It might also be an opportunity to recruit new volunteers within your organisation.
Grants of up to £500 are available for events and activities that include one or more of the following priorities:
- Recruit - Involving new volunteers to help run your group or support your organisation, which are inclusive and flexible to meet the diverse communities across Oldham, Tameside and Rochdale.
- Retain - Creating opportunities for your volunteers to feel connected, valued and supported.
- Reconnect - Creating opportunities to reconnect with your volunteers who have been unable to actively volunteer during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reward - Celebrating your volunteers, their achievements, and the difference they make within communities across Oldham, Tameside and Rochdale – particularly during the Covid 19 Pandemic.
Any activity must comply with the latest government guidance and legislation in relation to the Covid 19 pandemic including how to help safely government guidance
Who can apply? Formally constituted voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise groups who are a member of Action Together or informal social action or mutual aid goups. If you ae not a membe of Action Together, click here - it's free!
Grant amount: You can apply for a grant up to:
- £500 if you are formally constituted and are a member or become a member of Action Together; or
- £200 if you are an informal social action or mutual aid activity
Application process: You will need to download and complete the application form and guidance notes for your locality:
Deadline: You can apply any time between Tuesday 1 June - 31 July 2021 (12pm). Any funds awarded must be spent by 31 December 2021.
Contact information: Tel 0161 3392345. For your local Borough: