Aims/priorities: Use Your Energy is an Action Together programme funded by Sport England which aims to work with Tameside groups to engage and enable children and young people aged 5-18 years to become more active, more often. We have money to invest in your active ideas! Your group can apply for the Use Your Energy funding to make your active idea a reality.
What do we mean by an Active Idea?
A sustainable idea which helps children and young people who are currently less active to try something that will appeal and engage them to become more active. We understand that not everyone enjoys being part of a sports team or club, so we are looking to hear from groups about how we can support ideas to enable children and young people to become more engaged, more active and healthier whatever their skills or abilities.
There are lots of ways we can become more active such as volunteering, walking, cycling, swimming, dancing, water sports, nature trails, conservation, gaming, home work-outs, boxing, skateboarding, scootering etc. Also there are lots of places that we can use to become active such as youth clubs, school clubs*, gym’s, parks and open spaces - even your local street!
There are currently three tiers of grants that are available:
Use Your Energy 500 - Get that idea off the ground.
We are looking for new groups or enthusiatic individuals who have an idea in getting young people who are not currently active, more active, and need support in getting the idea off the ground.
Use Your Energy 2000 - Develop and grow your idea.
We are looking for groups who need support in getting an idea off the ground which will enable opportunities for young people who are not currently active to become more active, or groups who have tested out a successful idea and would like to continue or expand the provision.
Use More Energy 10K Small Grants - Turn that big idea into action.
- New activities that get children and young people moving more, more often and address Tameside Live Well strategies e.g., increasing physical and mental healthy life expectancy for residents.
- New physical activities which address inequalities/barriers to physical activities to marginalised young people e.g., BAME, LGBTQI+, young women, refugee’s and asylum seekers, young people, people with disabilities etc.
Who can apply? Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise Sector organisations based in or currently working in Tameside.
Please click here for an example application form for the Use Your Energy 500 grants. We strongly encourage you to take a look at this form before you make your application for this tier of grant.
Grant amount: There are three tiers of grants:
- Up to £500 - Use Your Energy 500
- Up to £2,000 - Use Your Energy 2000
- Up to £10,000 - Use More Energy 10k Small Grants
Application process: You can find the guidance notes and application forms for each of the grants programmes below:
- Use Your Energy 500 Guidance Notes and Application Form
- Use Your Energy 2000 Guidance Notes and Application Form
- Use More Energy 10k Small Grants Guidance Notes and Application Form
Deadline: The programme will be open for applications on Monday 4 April 2022 and will close once the funds have been exhausted or by 31 March 2023, whichever is sooner.
Contact information: For more information or support please contact Sandra Jackson - Email Sandra.email@example.com, Tel 0161 339 2345 ext 4301.