Aims/priorities: Thomas Wall II created his Trust in 1920 for the “encouragement and assistance of educational work and social service”. Today, the Trust views communication skills as critical capabilities for people who want to improve their employment prospects, self-confidence, resilience, and life chances.
The funding is for projects that are working to develop communication skills for people from disadvantaged groups who want to improve their employment prospects.
The funding will support a project or running costs for a charity that equips people (aged 18 and over) with the communication skills ready for employment.
Priority will be given to:
- Match funded projects.
- Charities that can provide compelling evidence of impact.
- Charities working with collaborative networks.
- Self-sustainable projects, with a view to becoming less reliant on grants in the future.
Proposals are particularly welcome which target people experiencing multiple deprivation or other groups demonstrably facing major hurdles to employment, such as women, people with physical, mental, or learning disabilities, refugees and asylum seekers.
Who can apply? To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a UK charity that has been registered with the Charity Commission for at least three years.
- Have an annual turnover that does not exceed £500,000.
Grant amount: Grants of up to £5,000 are available.
Application process: There is a two-stage application process.
- Stage one is to complete an online Expression of Interest form (available on the Trust's website) which requires some basic contact details and a description of what the funding is required for.
- Stage two is by invitation only and involves completing a more in-depth application form and to submit a Project Plan, budget, latest set of financial accounts and any relevant policies.
Successful applicants will be notified in writing along with the terms and conditions of the grant and asked for their payment details.
Deadline: The deadline for stage one applications is 2 May 2022 for consideration in July.
Contact Information: www.thomaswalltrust.org.uk/contact-us/
Website address: www.thomaswalltrust.org.uk/grants-for-registered-charities-2/