Aims/priorities: Tesco's are providing grants of £1000 to support local projects focused on children and young people.
This theme could cover a large mixture of local causes. Examples include:
- Mental Health support for children and young people – COVID-19 has had an impact on the health and well being of children, particularly mental health.
- Outdoor activities – sport & green space provision for children & young people including use of green spaces support well being through physical activities.
- Non statuary educational activities – to support, widen and rebuild educational support networks for children, web based activities. Sport, exercise, and arts.
- Young carers– support for young carers as a result of current and continued isolation.
- Bereavement counselling – offering support to children that have lost family members and support networks due to COVID-19
- Child poverty – to support organisations that offer family support that are further impacted by COVID-19, which could include food/educational packs, free activities.
- Vulnerable at risk children – the pandemic has impacted vulnerable children with challenging home & family circumstances.
Other local good causes supporting children and young people will also be considered.
Bags of Help can fund 100% of your project costs so you do not have to have any match funding. However, if you secured additional funding, there is no limit to what this amount can be and any funding awarded by Bags of Help can form part of your wider project costs.
Your project can be a stand-alone project or discrete, self-contained part of a larger scheme or part of a phased project. You will need to complete your project within twelve months of receipt of the grant.
For any projects that are making a physical improvement to an outdoor space, you will need the landowner’s permission and you might also need other permissions – e.g. planning permission. These need to be in place before you submit your application and the landowner permission form will need to be completed and signed as part of your application.
Who can apply? Voluntary/community organisations, registered charities, schools, health bodies, Parish/Town councils, social enterprises, Community Interest Companies, community councils, local authorities and social housing organisations
Grant amount: Up to £1,000
Application process: Eligibility quiz followed by online application form
Contact information: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: https://tescobagsofhelp.org.uk/home/community-apply-bags-help-grant/