Aims/priorities: They are looking to support groups who can support vulnerable people in Tameside and projects that will improve people’s experiences and welfare during the winter months. They are also specifically looking for support to people who have been adversely affected by the Covid-19 pandemic and we are looking for how communities can provide support to help alleviate some of the challenges people are facing. Groups of people they are looking to help are those that are most vulnerable, such as older people, isolated people, people living in poverty; people who are homeless, people with disabilities and anybody who can be deemed as vulnerable and who may struggle with daily living during the Covid pandemic and the winter months. All applications are considered and you can apply for funding for a wide variety of offers, such as:
- Free Hot Meals - To set up the safe delivery of food to vulnerable people
- Emergency items - To purchase wellbeing kits which could include items such as warm blankets/hot water bottles/clothes etc
- Groceries - To provide emergency food and shopping support for those most in need.
- Wellbeing Calls - To deliver a project which will contact vulnerable people to ensure they are well and are not in need of any help.
- Therapeutic Services - To provide support to people who may find living with Covid restrictions and the winter season difficult
- Digital Solutions - To support people to stay connected during the pandemic and winter months particularly through digital social groups.
This list of ideas is to help you think of what services you may be able to provide and is not exhaustive. If you have any other ideas how you and your organisation can help to support vulnerable people we would love to hear them.
All applications will be asked to provide a Covid risk assessment to ensure that all projects are Covid secure and are operating in accordance to the latest government guidance.
Who can apply? Applications are open to those involved in providing activities which help people in Tameside. This can include voluntary organisations, community groups, community interest companies, social enterprises, development trusts and charities.
Grant amount: Up to £20,000
Application process: Please complete the application form and return it to Janine Byron, Assistant Team Manager (Community Engagement & Market Development). Please ensure that you read the guidance notes before you apply.
Contact information: Email email@example.com