Tameside Poverty Action Group
The next meeting of the Tameside Poverty Action Group is on Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 1pm to 3pm to be held at Action Together, 95-97 Penny Meadow, Ashton-under-Lyne, OL6 6EP.
To book a place please contact Dawn Action on Email: email@example.com or Tel: 0161 339 2345. Future dates are:
Thursday 19 September 2019, 10am to 12pm
Tuesday 10 December 2019, 10am to 12pm
About Tameside PAG
The Poverty Action Group (PAG) has recently been re-launched as a place for VCFSE groups and our partners to work collaboratively on issues we feel will help to alleviate poverty in Tameside.
At our first meeting we identified the topics we want to collaborate on:
- Support for poeple around Universal Credit
- Upskilling people - budgeting, cooking affordable food etc
- Mental Health and Poverty
- Food Poverty
- Additional barriers e.g. Domestic Violence/Language/Digital Poverty/etc
- Homelessness/sofa surfing/rough sleeping
We have agreed that the work we undertake has to be manageable, and so we will work on a few key priorities, rather than try to tackle everything at once.
The PAG will aim to meet quarterly to:
- Share information
- Share intelligence of what is really happening for people
- Identify areas where collective action is needed and work on solutions
- Link in to appropriate statutory bodies and in order to highlight issues, look for solutions in partnership and have an impact
- Link in with Greater Manchester organisations that are tackling poverty in order to gain a broader perspective and learn about possible solutions
To find out more about our poverty prevention work please contact Dawn Acton on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 0161 339 2345.