Social Prescribing Link Worker – Oldham
Do you want to work for a dynamic, creative, fast-paced charity?
At Action Together we see the amazing things people achieve when they work together to make the lives of others better. If you share our values; believe it’s possible; strengthen others and be true, we’d love you to consider joining our team.
Action Together are recruiting two full time and one part time Social Prescribing Link Workers to expand our established Social Prescribing Service by delivering our model in GP surgeries and community venues across Oldham.
- To work as a key part of the established Oldham Social Prescribing Service, as part of an honorary contract with the Primary Care Network and their constituent practices.
- To work alongside people living within Oldham, building on “what matters to me”, to coproduce a simple “wellbeing action plan” based on the person`s strengths, needs and preferences, connecting them to community activities and support to improve their health and wellbeing.
- To support people in Oldham to play a more active role in managing their health and wellbeing by accessing community-based provision that improves their community connections & supports them to improve their personal resilience.To work closely with Primary Care to bridge the gap between clinical services and social prescribing.
- To manage a caseload of clients referred into the service by health & social care professionals.
- To hold clinics in each of the GP practices to meet with potential clients referred from the practice and carry out home/community visits as required with those clients
The ideal candidate for this role will have;
- Experience of working with people to identify their strengths and to help them reach their aims
- Experience of community based remote working
- Experience of developing successful working relationships with partners from other agencies
- Experience of managing your own caseload and working autonomously
- Understanding of the health and social care system and where social prescribing fits in
- Working knowledge of safeguarding practices, information sharing and data protection
The ability to communicate fluently in English and another language spoken by Oldham communities eg; Bengali, Bangla Sylheti Bengali or Urdu will be beneficial in this role
If you are looking for a new challenge and enjoy working in a varied role as part of a busy and dynamic team, making positive changes to people and the communities of Oldham, then this could be the role for you.
Salary: NJC scale 19-22 £25,481- £27,041 (pro rata for 18 hours)
Hours: 36 or 18 hours per week
Length of contract; 12 months fixed term (potential to extend dependant on funding)
Location: Oldham - Primary Care Networks
Click here for the Job Description
Click here for the Person Specification
Click here for the Application form
Click here for the Guidance notes
The closing date for applications is 09 December 2020 23:59pm
Completed applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'confidential, job application'