BBC Children in Need exists to make a positive difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people across the UK. It wants to ensure it continues to keep children safe in all aspects of its work. To further strengthen its approach it is recruiting to a new, Senior Safeguarding Advisor role, to provide expert safeguarding support, advice and training, on all aspects of working with children, right across the Charity. This a part-time role (17.5 hours per week), based in Salford (although currently the team are working remotely).
- Be a subject matter expert on safeguarding across the charity, providing support guidance and advice
- Investigate complaints, safeguarding concerns and alleged incidents
- Work with teams across the Charity during the planning stages of productions, activities and events and advise on safeguarding arrangements
- Identify, develop and facilitate a wider network of safeguarding champions in teams and directorates across the Charity, supporting them to respond to day to day safeguarding enquiries
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of dealing with Child Protection and safeguarding issues in a complex, geographically dispersed, organisation.
- Relevant CPD training/qualifications in child protection, safeguarding, safety or similar discipline
- Recognised qualification in child protection, safeguarding, safety or similar discipline (desirable).
- Experience of broadcasting or live events (desirable)
- Experience and understanding of the third sector (desirable)
- Experience of delivering workshops or training (desirable)
Closing date: Monday 28 September.
For more information and to apply click here.