Dear Ring and Ride Passengers,
Following discussions with our funders, Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), we are pleased to confirm that the normal Ring and Ride door to door service will resume on 1st September 2020 as outlined below:
· The service will operate between 0800 – 2300 hours Monday to Saturday and 0800 – 2230 on Sundays.
· Wheelchair trips will be provided.
· Passengers requiring personal assistance walking to and from the vehicle must use a wheelchair which will be provided.
· A maximum of six passengers will be allowed on the vehicle at any one time to ensure appropriate social distancing of one metre. Where fewer passengers are travelling you will be directed to sit in seats which permit two metres distance between you and other passengers
· Regular bookings of 6 passengers can be requested.
· The use of shopping trolleys is discouraged but if it is essential that you use one arrangement’s can be made to accommodate them at the rear of the vehicle.
· Vehicles will continue to be cleaned with sanitized wipes after the last passenger on each trip has alighted.
· Drivers will be wearing PPE equipment including a face shield as required.
· You must wear a face covering unless you have an exemption.
· A receptacle will be provided on the vehicle for the fares to reduce cash handling. No tickets will be issued to reduce contact between drivers and passengers.
· The booking lines will be open 0800 – 1600 Monday to Friday.
· Please note that fares have resumed as normal
Passengers should not travel at all if you:
· are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms
· are self-isolating as a result of coronavirus symptoms or sharing a household or support bubble with somebody with symptoms
· are clinically extremely vulnerable and live in an area where additional public health measures mean you have been advised to resume shielding. Please note this does not currently include Greater Manchester
· have been advised by the NHS test and trace service that you should self-isolate
Click here for further information from Transport for Greater Manchester
If you have any questions please call 0161 200 6011 or 0845 688 4933 to discuss between 0800 and 1600, Monday to Friday. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org