***Meet the Funder dates have been set up - come along to our free sessions and find out more about the fund. Click on the date below to book your place**
- Meet the Funder - Thursday, 13 May 2021 at 4pm
- Meet the Funder - Thursday 27 May at 1pm
- Meet the Funder - Thursday 10 June at 1pm
- Meet the Funder - Thursday 17 June at 1pm
Aims/priorities: Oldham Council has been awarded funding from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government’s (MHCLG) Community Champions Programme. MHCLG’s stated purpose of the funding is ‘to support people shown to be most at risk from Coronavirus (COVID-19) including those from an ethnic minority background, disabled people and others to follow safer behaviours and reduce the impact of the virus on themselves and those around them’.
The aims in Oldham for this funding are to support those communities most at risk from Coronavirus:
- South Asian communities,
- Roma community,
- African communities,
- people with learning disabilities and autism,
- people with sensory disabilities and any others identified through data and insight gathering during the course of this work.
Who can apply? You can apply for a grant of:
- up to £5,000 if you are:
- a voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise (VCFSE) group working in the borough of Oldham with the communities most at risk (as described above) and
- a member or are becoming a member of Action Together CIO and
- you are formally constituted.
- up to £500 if you are:
- an informal social action or mutual aid activity (unconstituted).
- mutual aid is the term we use to describe people giving each other needed support in communities.
- social action is the term we use to describe people coming together (physically or remotely) to help solve the problems that are important in their communities.
Grant amount: Up to £5,000
Application process: Application and guidance notes available below
- Oldham Community Champions Small Grants Guidance Notes
- Oldham Community Champions Application Form £500
- Oldham Community Champions Application Form £5000
Deadline: Ongoing but please be aware that grant activity is expected to be completed by 31 December 2021.
Contact Information: Development@actiontogether.org.uk