Do you want to work for a dynamic, creative, fast-paced charity?
At Action Together we see the amazing things people achieve when they work together to make the lives of others better. If you share our values; believe it’s possible; strengthen others and be true, we’d love you to consider joining our team.
Salary: NJC 19-22 £ 25,481-£27,041 pro rata
(actual salary £15,571- £16,525 per annum)
Hours: 22 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Contract:12 months fixed term
Location: Rochdale (home working/community venues across Rochdale)
Action Together are recruiting a Neighbourhood Facilitator to increase engagement and collaborative action around the climate emergency within communities, to support community development and action connected to the Rochdale Borough Council Climate Strategy Action Plan.
The Neighbourhood Facilitator will:
- Develop a VCFSE Green Charter and support VCFSE organisations to play their part in moving towards a climate resilient borough
- Champion ‘Green’ Social Prescribing and outdoor, environmental activity in communities
- Using our #WednesdaysWeekly training platform and Development offer to promote understanding of ‘Green’ Social Value
- Establish ‘Green’ Quality Standards to support Organisational Policy Reform within VCFSE
- Offer Training and Development Support to groups offering outdoor and environmental activity
- Share Carbon Cutting Literacy training with communities
- Support residents to become Climate Changemakers and develop micro, street level green projects
- Support the VCFSE to scale initiatives and develop new projects and behaviour change interventions, delivered to specific communities or settings (schools, health, faith based) using VCFSE organisations specialisms (creative, social, participatory) and linking these with wider strategic objectives of the Climate Change and Sustainability Steering Group.
- Work with the wider Action Together team to strengthen cross-system training offers and information sharing
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who;
- Is passionate about supporting the climate agenda and tackling the climate emergency
- Has experience of building trusting relationships with people and organisations
- Is an experienced facilitator and comfortable in working through differences
- Is solution focussed and knows how to turn ideas into action
- Is a great listener and able to understand a variety of perspectives and experiences
- Is organised and good at making things happen and communicating it with others
- Has worked in (or significant experience of working with) the VCFSE sector, particularly small community and volunteer led groups
- Has a good understanding of community development and working in a way that promotes inclusion
- Has the skills to listen, interpret and capture insight and experiences
- Can produce high quality reports and present these in an accessible way to a wide range of audiences
If you are looking for a new challenge, enjoy working in a varied role as part of a busy and dynamic team and making positive changes to the community in Rochdale then this could be the role for you.
Click for here the Job Description
Click for here the Application form
Click for here for the Guidance notes
The closing date for applications is 23:59pm on Sunday 17th October 2021
Completed applications should be sent via email to email@example.com with the subject 'confidential, job application'.