Aims/priorities: Local and national charities in England and Wales can apply to the Later Life Inclusions grants programme run by the Masonic Charitable Foundation. The Later Life Inclusion grants programme is open to charities working to reduce loneliness and isolation of vulnerable and disadvantaged people over 50.
Grants can be offered to charities that provide:
- Mental and physical health support
- Gateway and access to service, e.g. transport and technology
- Community based approaches, i.e. volunteering, positive ageing and neighbourhood support
- Advocacy, social and welfare support
The type of activities that could be funded include:
- Support for emotional and psychological planning for later life
- Digital inclusion sessions to enable older people to access services
- Activities and clubs enabling older people to remain active and make friends
- Providing companionship and befriending schemes for periods of transition
- Advice and information on options for those with health conditions
- Carers and respite support
Who can apply? Local and national charities
Grant amount: Up to £5,000 per year for up to 3 years to charities with an annual income of up to £500,000, and grants on average of between £20,000 and £60,000 to charities with an annual income of above £500,000 for projects lasting up to three years.
Application process: Applications can be made on the funders website. Check the eligibity guidelines before applying.
Deadline: 4pm, 31 August 2020
Website address: mcf.org.uk