Aims/priorities: The Henry Smith Charity is an independent grant making trust. They aim to use our resources to help people and communities at a time of need and to bring about positive change. The grants available are:
- Improving Lives - Provides grants to charitable organisations that help people when other sources of support have failed, are inappropriate, or are simply not available. They support established organisations delivering services directly to beneficiaries. We are looking for services which can demonstrate a track record of success, and evidence the effectiveness of the work. This is their largest grants programme, through which the majority of their funds are distributed.
- The Strengthening Communities - This programme is designed to support small charitable organisations working at grassroots level. Through this grant programme we want to make sure that our funding reaches the most disadvantaged areas of the UK, targeting places that are economically marginalised and affected by poverty. They fund established organisations with a track record of delivering services directly to beneficiaries. They are looking for organisations that are embedded within their communities and are addressing local needs.
- The Christian Projects - This grant programme provides grants to support projects that explicitly promote the Christian faith in the UK.
Who can apply? Charities and not-for-profit organisations, including social enterprises, in the UK.
Grant amount: The grant amounts of the progammes are:
- Improving Lives Grant Programme - Between £20,000 and £60,000 for 1 - 3 years.
- The Strengthening Communities Grant Programme - Between £20,000 and £60,000 for 1 - 3 years.
- The Christian Projects Grant Programme - £10,000+ for up to 3 years (most grants are for 1-2 years).
Application process: Applications can be made on the funders website.
Deadline: Rolling programme.
Website address: Explore The Henry Smith Charity Grants