10GM want to work with voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) groups and organisations in the local authority areas of Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside to provide peer support opportunities for parents, carers and families of children with suspected or diagnosed Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD).
10GM is inviting local VCSE groups to apply for one of the FASD Peer Support Small Grants to support monthly activities to take place from October 2019 until April 2020. There will be the opportunity for continued grant funding beyond this point based on the learning from the work undertaken. Grants of up to £1000 are available and applications must:
- Deliver a peer support activity or event that will take place at least once a month
- Be prepared to learn from those taking part and let them design and shape developing activities and events, and demonstrate how this is being done
- Take part in shared learning, mainly via email and phone, with the other projects funded including two meetings with other coordinators over the 6 months of the initial work
10GM is interested in creative approaches. Its conversations with those with experience of FASD peer support recommend an approach based on the following options:
- A daytime social space for parents, carers and family while children are at school e.g. a drop-in coffee morning
- A late afternoon or early evening activity for children and parents/carers together with provision for children’s activities e.g. after school sole use of a play centre space or an inclusive, structured setting for older children
- Informal learning and training opportunities are of interest with options of formal training but accessibly provided
- Take a flexible approach that is ready to learn from the parents, carers and families of children with FASD and let them design and shape activities and events
10GM will be particularly interested in funding applications that respond to at least one of the above recommendations.
Closing Date: 12pm on Friday 20 September 2019
Decision date: Friday 27 September 2019
Click here to find the application form.