Are you an IT savvy finance professional looking to take on an engaging role where your work will matter? Want to increase your experience in the charitable sector and support the success of a people-centred organisation? If so, we want to hear from you.
Action Together is a charity that helps volunteers, groups and organisations turn good intentions into positive actions. Operating throughout Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside, we support people to get help, strengthen community and voluntary groups and encourage local people, businesses and the public sector to support local good causes.
- Salary of £21,589 - £24,313 per annum
- Flexible working
- SimplyHealth membership
- Cycle and tech schemes
This is an exciting opportunity to become a behind-the-scenes hero in an organisation that helps people to create the positive change they want to see in the world.
You’ll have the chance to play a vital role in the day-to-day running of Action Together, which will enable us to continue helping thousands of people to make a difference Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside.
We believe in investing in our people and will provide you with ongoing professional development opportunities, so you can advance your career while helping to increase social action.
So, if you’re eager to learn and grow with a charity that amplifies the voices of local people, this is the role for you.
As Finance and Database Officer, you will support the smooth running of our Finance and Database functions.
Working with our Finance Director and Office and Finance Co-ordinator, you will:
- Accurately record our income
- Process purchase invoices and record VAT correctly
- Make sure that staff salaries and HMRC payments are made in line with deadlines
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts
- Ensure that our database is updated and cleansed on a regular basis
- Help staff with any database queries
To join us as a Finance and Database Officer, you will need:
- Experience of working in an office and/or finance environment
- Previous experience of compiling financial reports and completing reconciliation work
- Experience of month end and quarterly finance routines
- Previous experience of setting up new systems and implementing procedures
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Word, Outlook and Excel (ideally at intermediate level or above)
- Proficiency in CRM and database systems would be beneficial, as would experience of the following: payroll, completing VAT returns, or charity accounting
Working hours: 36 hours per week
Location: Oldham office/ some home working
The closing date for applications is Monday 5 October 2020 11:59pm
Click here for the Job Description
Click here for the Person Specification
Click here for the Application Form
Please return your completed application, by the deadline advertised, to: Laura.email@example.com with the subject ‘Confidential job application’.