We want to work with voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) groups and organisations in all of the local authority areas of Greater Manchester to provide peer support opportunities for parents, carers and families of children with suspected or diagnosed Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD). FASD is an umbrella term used to describe the range of lifelong disabilities that can occur as a result of drinking alcohol during pregnancy.
10GM is inviting local VCSE groups to apply for one of our FASD Peer Support Small Grants to support monthly activities to take place from February 2020 until September 2020. There will be the opportunity for continued grant funding beyond this point based on the learning from the work undertaken. Grants of up to £1000 are available and applications must:
- Deliver a peer support activity or event that will take place at least once a month
- Be prepared to learn from those taking part and let them design and shape developing activities and events, and demonstrate how this is being done
- Take part in shared learning, mainly via email and phone, with the other projects funded including two meetings with other coordinators over the 6 months of the initial work
We are interested in creative approaches. Our conversations with those with experience of FASD peer support recommend an approach based on the following options:
- A daytime social space for parents, carers and family while children are at school e.g. a drop-in coffee morning
- A late afternoon or early evening activity for children and parents/carers together with provision for children’s activities e.g. after school sole use of a play centre space or an inclusive, structured setting for older children
- Informal learning and training opportunities are of interest with options of formal training but accessibly provided
- Take a flexible approach that is ready to learn from the parents, carers and families of children with FASD and let them design and shape activities and events
We will be particularly interested in funding applications that respond to at least one of the above recommendations.
Closing Date: 12 noon Friday 10 January 2020
Decision date: Wednesday 15 January 2020
Please click here to find the application form.
If you need any additional information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org