Pennine Mencap is recruiting a Development Worker. Role requires a driver with car. The role of the development worker role is to build engagement between the charity and individuals with learning disabilities/autism/other complex needs, and to build relationships with relevant external organisations. The primary purpose of the role is to increase active participation of new and existing service users in Pennine Mencap’s activities.
- Normal days of work: Monday to Friday
- Normal hours of work: 9am to 4:30pm
- Normal place of work: Rhodes Bank Chambers, 184-188 Union Street, Oldham, OL1 1EN
- Days, hours and location of work may vary including some evening and weekend work
- Liaises with: activities coordinator, communications officer
- Salary: £17,710.04 in year 1 (with 2.5% increase in years 2 and 3)
- Normal working hours are 9:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday, but some evening and weekend work will be required (flexitime)
The role will be based at Pennine Mencap’s premises, Rhodes Bank Chambers, 184-188 Union Street, Oldham, OL1 1EN but will require off-site meetings, home visits/resource deliveries to service users’ homes and, increasingly as pandemic restrictions ease, attendance at events, activities and performances at other venues around the local area.
This role is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund and the post will last for up to 3 years.
To find out more and apply, visit Indeed.