Aims/priorities: The aim of the Fund is to support organisations dealing with the impact of the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis to develop the digital, data and design capabilities that allow them to address urgent issues and serve the most vulnerable. There are two funding streams available:
- The aim of this Programme is to allow organisations to validate a problem area through engaging directly with the people affected by that problem, before moving onto developing and testing solutions. It is a learning and development opportunity for organisations looking to progress their digital ambitions.
- Organisations receive four weeks of funding and support, as part of a cohort of eight to ten organisations with a similar level of digital maturity, to understand and research the problem the organisation is trying to address.
- Organisations will work with a digital partner to identify the needs and behaviours of the community in question, and how digital, data and design can best support them.
- Organisations will receive a £5,000 grant to cover the cost of one member of their team full time, or a number of people who, between them, are working on the programme for 20 days.
- At the end of the Discovery Programme organisations can submit a brief for the assessment process of the Fund’s Development Programme. They can apply for up to £60,000, which will be a mix of grant funding and support from a digital agency/expert.
Who can apply? Not-for-profit organisations based in England that are delivering charitable activities to vulnerable communities. To be eligible organisations must be doing work in one of the following areas:
- Connecting with older people.
- Connecting with disabled people.
- Providing advice and support to people who are pushed into crisis.
- Supporting those who are in medical care or end of life care.
- Providing essential items directly to families who are hit hardest.
- Supporting people who experience health inequalities.
- Supporting people who experience loneliness and social isolation.
- Supporting people who experience poor mental health.
- Supporting children and young people to achieve their potential.
Grant amount: £5,000
Application process: The online application form and FAQ document can be found on the website of the Catalyst network.
Deadline: The application deadline for the:
- Discovery Programme is 5pm on 7 September 2020.
- Development Programme is 5pm on 20 September 2020.
Website address: www.thecatalyst.org.uk/covid-digital-fund