Action Together Community Wellbeing Service - Investment Programme 2018 – 2020 is live!
Calling all Tameside groups! Got any good ideas to improve wellbeing for the people you work with? We want to hear them…read on...
Tameside's Community Wellbeing Programme, aims to support people to improve their wellbeing and reduce pressure on NHS and social care services by:
- Providing a Social Prescribing Service that links people with long term health conditions to voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise (VCFSE) groups when their support need is not medical in nature ('non-medical'),
- Delivering Asset Based Community Development, working with local communities accross Tameside to identify people's priorities, and support them to make a difference in the place they live,
Community Wellbeing Investment Programme
We know that to deliver all this we need to invest in building the capacity of local groups and their activities. We want ideas that will make a difference, and we know that local VCFSE groups have great ideas and are the experts in ‘non-medical’ support, so are investmenting in a programme as part of our Community Wellbeing Programme to do this. Groups can apply for different tiers of investment, up to £10,000 and between £10,000 and £25,000 by application, as well as larger awards for areas of support we identify and Participatory Budgeting opportunities later in the year. The investment monies available will be just over £1million over the next 2 years.
This investment is open to all local VCFSE groups that are members of Action Together CIO (becoming a member is simple, free and support is available to help you). We will support good ideas that meet the following Community Wellbeing Investment Priorities:
- Improve wellbeing, and health of people with long term health conditions.
- Reduce social isolation (lack of contact with people and society).
- Reduce loneliness (emotional response to a lack of connection or communication with people).
- Create mutually beneficial networks of support and resilience (including carers).
- Support people with low mood, low self-esteem / loss of confidence.
- Support place-based working that improves lives in local communities.
To find out more and how to apply please click the links below to find out more and apply or contact Suzanne Vincent Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or Roma Hashim email@example.com Tel: 0161 830 6833.
Community Wellbeing Overview - all you need to know about the investment process.
Community Wellbeing Alliance Micro Grant, of upto £1,000 to support Tameside & Glossop based VCFSE groups that want to develop engagement activities that promote Community Wellbeing, for more information and to apply please click the links below:
The Community Wellbeing Investment Board have agreed to ringfence a pot of money to advertise two expressions of interest to support the work of the Community Wellbeing programme in Tameside by developing a volunteer-led:
- Community buddy scheme
- Transport solutions scheme
A co-design workshop was held on 25 October 2018 to discuss important factors to be considered. Click here to download the key points from the workshop.
The expression of interest specification is currently being developed and will go to the Community Wellbeing Investment Board for final sign off on Monday 26 November. Once agreed and sign off it will be advertised to organisations based or working in Tameside.