Aims/priorities: The programme is designed to give community led housing groups better access to high quality, affordable housing that meets the needs of local communities. The fund will help community groups meet a range of costs incurred in trying to develop housing, including those such as paying for searches, administration costs or legal advice, design work and planning applications.
The grant will fund pre-development work so that schemes can complete the work required to progress the scheme towards:
- submitting a planning application, and/or
- submitting a capital funding bid, and/or
- getting to start on site.
Eligible costs and activities may include:
- Remaining feasibility tasks.
- Site/property investigation costs.
- Project-specific professional fees (such as architects, design fees, quantity surveyors for cost estimates).
- Legal fees.
- CLH adviser costs.
- The costs of forming a subsidiary body.
- Registration fees charged by the Regulator of Social Housing.
- Project management costs (both internal staff and external).
- Pre-application and planning application fees.
- Board and staff training, governance work.
- Community consultation.
- Volunteer expenses related to the project.
- Any administrative and operational costs arising from any such activities.
- Any costs associated with joining a consortium to obtain support on capital funding bids.
- Any loan arrangement fees for loans to pay towards the pre-development costs.
Who can apply? Applications are open to all organisations which are constituted as a body corporate, or an equivalent form of constituted body.
Eligible organisations include the following:
- Registered charity.
- Company Limited By Guarantee.
- Community Benefit Society.
- Co-operative Society.
- Community Interest Company.
- An organisation of another type operating as a social enterprise and principally reinvesting their surpluses for social benefit.
- Registered Provider.
- Local authority.
Local authorities or Registered Providers may apply on behalf of community groups and, in those cases, the lead bidding organisation will remain directly accountable for the funds, where appropriate.
Grant amount: Organisations are invited to set out their level of grant requirement when making their application.
Application process: To apply for the fund, groups will need to complete an eligibility checker on the Community Led Homes website. If eligible, groups will be emailed an online grant application form.
Deadline: This is a rolling programme open for applications until December 2021 or until all funding is committed, whichever is sooner.
Contact information: Grants Team - Tel: 030 3444 0000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: www.communityledhomes.org.uk