Reuben's Retreat was founded in August 2012 just 2 days after 23-month old Reuben moved to heaven. His legacy “Reuben's Retreat” will be a home from home for children with life-limiting or life-threatening illnesses to spend time with their family, to relax and recharge. It already serves as a bereavement counselling support centre for families that have lost a child and for parents whose children may not reach adulthood.
Reuben's Retreat is recruiting a community fundraiser to develop fundraising opportunities as part of the community team in order to maximise income, build relationships with potential community supporters and foster existing relationships with suppliers, donors and supporters.
Duties and key responsibilities
- To work within the communities to raise awareness of the charity and to develop partnerships
- To maintain and grow existing relationships whilst developing and cultivating new partnerships within the community
- To increase donations from fundraising activities within the community to achieve set targets
- To build up relationships with local supermarkets, taking part in token schemes, funding opportunities and approaching them to host bucket collections
- To develop new partnerships with, schools, pubs, restaurants, sports clubs , and other local community organisations
- To increase and monitor the level of charity pots in the community
- To develop new and imaginative fundraising activities, many of which involve organising events
- To project manage fundraising events: set and manage budgets; research venues; work with other key team members to secure sponsors; identify entertainment companies; manage relationships with attendees to ensure the event’s success
- To oversee the on-day logistics of events, run post-event follow-up with participants, and evaluate events
- To oversee all community fundraising activities, ensuring you that you are providing advice and encouragement to all supporters
- To work with PR and communications, spread the word about our campaigns we host throughout the year and encourage involvement where possible sites
- To source raffle prizes and in-kind donations from supporters
- To recruit and promote supporters and volunteers for challenge events and national events
- Working with our Volunteer Coordinator, cultivate new volunteers to support the work within the community
- To attend community networking events to promote the charity and its work in the area
- To attend external events as a representative for Reuben’s Retreat, oversee information stalls, and engage members of the public to learn more about our work
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (including occasional evenings and weekends)
Location: Reuben’s Retreat Glossop & Ashton-under-Lyne
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
You must hold a full UK Driving License and have access to a car.
To apply for this position please email your CV together with a covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience including the extent to which these meet the criteria for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Friday 27 April 2018
Charity no.: 1150436 Registered office: Suite 4, St Michaels Court, St Michaels Square, Stamford Street Central, Ashton under Lyne, OL6 6XN
Head office: Park Crescent, Glossop, SK 13 7BQ
Telephone: 01457 680 023
YouTube: Reuben’s Retreat