LGBT+ Network - Rochdale Borough
The network welcomes Voluntary Community Faith and Social Enterprise organisations working to support people and communities around LGBT+ priorities, including new projects as they are funded through the RRR small grants scheme. We also welcome citizens and volunteers.
The LGBT+ Network is part of the Respond, Repair and Recover programme and aims to
- Sustain and develop inclusive VCFSE services, projects and offers to support LGBT+ people
- Connect the dots between services that support the LGBT+ community
- Amplify the voices of the LGBT+ community including lived experience across the Rochdale borough
- Develop resources and campaigns to educate people to become allies with the LGBT+ community
We will work together to create a set of tools to help us work collaboratively which could include:
- Sharing our work and best practice
- Shared decision-making process
- How we take risks together, share challenges and benefit from successes
The meeting will be held via Zoom and will be a safe space to openly discuss ideas, projects and opportunities.
Pronouns: During these sessions we may be communicating with someone we haven’t spoken to before, by adding pronouns to your screen name, we can clarify for others our preferred terms. It also normalises discussions about gender. Showing your pronouns tells everyone you come across, ‘I won't assume your gender’. It’s an effective way of creating a safe, inclusive environment for all involved. It’s a little change that can have a big impact, and we encourage you to add yours (if you feel comfortable doing so) during these sessions.
Event terms and conditions