#MeettheFunder - Oldham Community Champions Fund
Oldham Council has been awarded phase 2 of funding from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government’s (MHCLG) Community Champions Programme.
For phase 2 of the programme, Oldham Community champions are extending this health focus into recovery, mitigating the impact of inequality and ‘pastoral’ support for communities.
The aims in Oldham for this funding are to support those Communities of Focus in which Coronavirus has most exacerbated inequalities:
- Roma community,
- African communities,
- People with learning disabilities and autism,
- Young people.
- People facing multiple disadvantages.
Additionally, for the second phase, grants will be available for Communities of Place to extend the impact of the initial phase to all parts of the borough:
- North (Royton, Shaw and Crompton)
- East (Saddleworth, Lees, Greenacres, Clarksfield, Waterhead and St James)
- Central (St Mary’s, Alexandra and Coldhurst)
- South (Failsworth, Hollinwood and Medlock Vale)
- West (Chadderton and Werneth)
Three types of grants will be available to members of Action Together who are locally rooted and active in Oldham. You can find out more information here
Join us for an online session where you will be able to find out more information about the grants available and have the opportunity to speak to a member of our team
Event terms and conditions