#WednesdaysWeekly – Meet the Funder – The Henry Smith Charity
The Henry Smith Charity is an independent grant making trust founded in 1628 by Henry Smith, a businessman working in the City of London. Since then, they have honoured the spirit of Henry Smith’s will, working to combat disadvantage and meet the challenges and opportunities facing people in need throughout the UK. Today, The Henry Smith Charity is amongst the largest independent grant makers in the UK, distributing £39.8 million in 2020.
Currently ‘The Henry Smith Charity’ has the following grants open:
- Improving Lives - Grants for small and medium sized organisations in the UK to support projects and the running costs of organisations.
- Strengthening Communities - Running costs grants for small community based organisations working in the most deprived areas of the UK.
- Christian Projects - Grants to support projects that explicitly promote the Christian faith, helping to grow faith communities and churches.
By attending this event we aim to give you the opportunity to:
- Learn more about the funder and their application process
- Hear about who the scheme is focused on supporting.
- Identify the current priorities for the scheme.
- Gain an insight into the decision making processes led by the funder.
This #WednesdaysWeekly is suitable for fundraisers working for a wide range of Charities and not-for-profit organisations, including:
- Registered Charities
- Community Groups
- Community Interest Companies (CICs)
- Non-Profit Limited Companies by Guarantee
- Social Enterprises
- Community led charities and not-for-profit organisations.
Event terms and conditions