Level 1 course for staff and volunteers of voluntary, community and faith organisations.
The Hub is offering a level 1 course for staff and volunteers of voluntary, community and faith organisations in Tameside who want to refresh their knowledge around child protection and safeguarding or who are new to the children’s workforce.
The aims of the course are:
- To develop an awareness of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- To have a clear idea of what to do in Oldham if you are worried a child is in danger of suffering serious and significant harm
- To give staff within the organisation the opportunity of sharing ideas of best practice for safeguarding children
On completion of the session, participants will be able to:
- Identify their safeguarding role
- Have an awareness of the legal/historical context relating to safeguarding children
- Explore what is meant by safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Define abuse and neglect
- Know what to do if they are worried about a young person/child, including the referral process
- Be aware of safer caring practices
2 places per organisation
For further details contact Sue Brookes on 0161 339 2345 or email email@example.com
An administrative charge of £20 will be made for cancellation less than 5 days before the training and/or non- attendance after booking. We will accept the substitution of another delegate to cover emergencies, such as sickness; in this case you will not be charged a cancelation fee.