Postponed: Level 1 Child Protection Awareness Training
Action Together is committed to providing support to voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise (VCFSE) organisations and to ensure you have up-to-date information on COVID-19 (coronavirus). We have produced a page on our website to share the latest guidance and information for VCFSE organisations in Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside. We will update this page when new information is available www.actiontogether.org.uk/covid-19
Level 1 course for staff and volunteers of voluntary, community and faith organisations.
The Hub is offering a level 1 course for staff and volunteers of voluntary, community and faith organisations in Oldham and Tameside who want to refresh their knowledge around child protection and safeguarding or who are new to the children’s workforce.
The aims of the course are:
- To develop an awareness of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- To have a clear idea of what to do in Oldham if you are worried a child is in danger of suffering serious and significant harm
- To give staff within the organisation the opportunity of sharing ideas of best practice for safeguarding children
On completion of the session, participants will be able to:
- Identify their safeguarding role
- Have an awareness of the legal/historical context relating to safeguarding children
- Explore what is meant by safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Define abuse and neglect
- Know what to do if they are worried about a child/young person, including the referral process
- Be aware of safer caring practices
2 places per organisation
For further details contact Adele Thomson on 0161 339 2345 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This training has been postponed until further notice.
Event terms and conditions