Aims/priorities: The Cinderella Fund can be used by groups or individuals to support the cost of a short respite holiday, day trip or activity for disabled, sick, convalescent or disadvantaged children whose family are unable to afford the cost. Grants are available to residents who live within the geographical areas of Greater Manchester, East Lancashire, North East Cheshire and North West Derbyshire.
- Individual applications MUST be supported by a Charitable Organisation or a sponsor such as a Social Worker, GP or other professional person who live in the UK (and hold a British or Irish passport). The organisation or sponsor should complete the application on behalf of the individual.
- Additional information re family circumstances and income may be required as part of the application process.
- Grant payments would NOT normally be made direct to an individual. Grant payments will be made to the supporting Organisation or direct to the holiday/activity provider.
- Holidays in term-time will NOT normally be considered unless proof of agreed absence from the school can be provided at the application stage.
- Overseas holidays would NOT normally be considered.
- Completing the application form is NOT a guarantee that financial assistance will be provided.
- Applications for funding MUST be approved before any holiday or activity takes place. Cost will NOT be reimbursed for holidays/activities that have already taken place.
Who can apply? Individuals can apply but applications must be supported by a local charitable organisation or statutory professional. The organisation or sponsor should complete the application on behalf of the individual.
Grant amount: The average grant award is £1000 and applications in excess of this will be considered by their Trustees at Grant Committee meetings held approximately every two months.
Application process: Grant applications will be considered as quickly as possible once a fully completed application has been received. As part of the application process due diligence checks will be completed on all organisations prior to an application being considered. Applications can be made on the funders website.
Deadline: Not specified.
Contact information: Pete Yarwood - Tel 0793 691 7679 or email email@example.com
Website address: charityservice.org.uk