Carers Week is an annual campaign to raise awareness of caring, highlight the challenges unpaid carers face and recognise the contribution they make. Through our Working Potential project that supported carers back into work, Ambition for Ageing has published some resources looking at barriers for carers & how employers can better support carers:
- How VCSE organisations can support staff as older carers
- Barriers facing carers when seeking employment
- Supporting carers back into work, & Outreach, Delivery and Employer Engagement in Working Potential
- Learning from GMCVO project, Caring, Working, Living that supported parents & carers that had had a break from paid employment for at least 12 months due to their caring responsibilities, to gain the confidence and skills necessary to navigate the jobs market.
- Carers Manchester have collated a range of activities this week for unpaid carers.