Aims/priorities: The grants programme supports a broad range of creative and cultural projects that benefit people living in England. Projects can range from directly creating and delivering creative and cultural activity to projects which have a longer term positive impact, such as organisational development, research and development and sector support and development.
The funding is for projects that are focused on one or more of the following disciplines:
- Visual arts.
- Combined arts - including festivals and carnivals.
- Museum practice (accredited museums only).
- Libraries (for activities that deliver against at least one of the Universal Library Offers including: Creativity and Culture; Reading; Information and Digital; Health and Wellbeing).
- Support is also available for a range of other types of work, provided projects clearly focus on one or more of the disciplines the Arts Council can support. This may involve:
- Creative media - using technology to make or share work, for example: video, audio, virtual reality or Live-streaming.
- Non-arts organisations or settings, such as residential care providers, or a science organisation.
- Health and wellbeing, social inclusion, heritage or sport.
Grants can support projects where the capital-specific expenditure in a project totals less than £100,000. This includes:
- Applications for capital work only, where that capital work will cost up to £100,000.
- Applications for a mix of activities that include some capital spending where the total cost of the capital work is less than £100,000.
Applications must meet the programme’s four criteria: Quality, Public engagement, Finance and Management.
Because of the circumstances during this COVID-19 period, the programme will be particularly keen to support:
- Applications from individual creative practitioners (including time to think and plan).
- Research and development activity.
- Organisational development activity.
- Live activity that aligns with the Government’s roadmap out of lockdown.
- Activity that closely aligns with the Arts Council’s Equality Objectives.
Who can apply? Individual artists and community and cultural organisations can apply. To be eligible, applicants (individual or organisation) must:
- Be based within (live in or have a business address in) England or the wider UK.
- Have a UK bank account in the exact name they are applying in.
- Be at least 18 years old (for organisations: have an accountable person who is at least 18).
Grant amount: Between £1,000 and £100,000.
Application process: Applications are made using Arts Council England’s Grantium system. The programme is open on an ongoing basis. Currently, due to high volumes of applications, the review process is taking longer than usual:
- Applications for £15,000 or under are expected to receive a decision in up to 10 weeks.
- Applications for more than £15,000 are expected to receive a decision in up to 16 weeks.
Deadline: Not specified.
Contact information: Tel: 0161 934 4317 or 0845 300 6200, Email: email@example.com
Website address: www.artscouncil.org.uk