Aims/priorities: The 2021 programme offers grants to registered charities and community interest companies with substantial recent experience of supporting Armed Forces communities. The funding aims to support community projects that reduce isolation and promote integration, supporting post-COVID recovery in local Armed Forces communities. Eligible project must fit under one of two main themes:
- Empowering Armed Forces communities to become more engaged in their local area.
- Providing opportunities for isolated members of the Armed Forces community to take part in activities that improve general wellbeing.
The funding can be used for existing work if this will make a clear difference to Armed Forces communities or to new work.
- Reduce loneliness or isolation in Armed Forces communities or improve their wellbeing.
- Offer a project that people want to take part in, and not duplicate other local work.
- Be able to start within a month if awarded a grant.
Who can apply? To be eligible to apply, organisations must be one of the following:
- An established registered charity or community interest company (CIC) with substantial recent experience of supporting Armed Forces communities.
- An Armed Forces unit or base.
- A local authority.
- A school.
Grant amount: Up to £10,000.
Application process: The 2021 guidance notes, frequently asked questions, online application portal and other resources are available on the Trust's website.
Deadline: The Trust has announced the application deadlines for 2021:
- Round 1 - deadline of midday on 12 April 2021 with a decision by 31 June 2021.
- Round 2 - deadline of midday on 2 August 2021 with a decision by 31 October 2021.
- Round 3 - deadline of midday on 19 November 2021 with a decision by 28 February 2022.
Contact information: Email: email@example.com
Website address: The Armed Forces Covenant Trust