Don’t wait for change, connect with a local and global community and make it happen! Global Grooves invites people 18+ to complete the prestigious British Council’s Active Citizens training programme in Tameside. The Active Citizens programme brings people together to learn from and share with each other.
This amazing free training will motivate and inspire you to turn your ideas into social action projects to benefit the community.
Active Citizens training will:
- Develop understanding of identity, culture, community and methods of effective dialogue
- Connect you to a global network of like-minded people
- Plan social action projects together
Active Citizens is ideal for:
- Volunteers and staff in community groups and organisations
- Civic representatives, students, youth council members, community development workers etc.
- Creatives interested in arts, culture and social change
Global Grooves is a Carnival arts organisation that creates the environment for positive change in communities. It invests in people and their passion to create a fairer society. www.globalgrooves.org
Deadline for expressions of interest: Friday 6 September.
Interested? Email Jane@globalgrooves.org or phone 0161 870 6895 to register.
Click here to download the Active Citizens Social Leadership Programme.