Money collected by Tameside 4 Good is distributed to good causes in Tameside to help improve the quality of life for family, friends and neighbours that live in the borough. It is distributed via the Tameside 4 Good grant scheme that is committed to distributing grants of up to £3,000 available to Tameside good causes and up to £500 to individuals in Tameside under 25.
Since April 2013, we've awarded £169,215.82 to 90 good causes & 15 young people in Tameside. Projects include:
- Neonatal Knitters providing incubator covers for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Tameside and St Mary’s and uniting different generations of our community in a common cause.
- Hurst Circle of Friends delivering keep fit exercise sessions for older people to keep them healthier.
- Rahmaniyyah Foundation set up Rahmaniyyah Women’s Group to provide women with a sense of belonging in the community that they live in and opportunities to achieve their aspirations in life by giving them the confidence to explore options that are available to them.
Tameside 4 Good Grants
The Tameside 4 Good grant scheme can award up to £3,000 to local community groups that meet one or more of the following priorities:
- Developing skills, education and employment
- Alleviating poverty, hardship and social exclusion
- Improving the lives of people with long term illness / disability
- Activities for disadvantaged children and young people
- Improving health and wellbeing of older people
The Tameside 4 Good Fund ‘Grants for Individuals’ programme will also consider requests to fund opportunities that will enable a young person to learn and/or develop new skills or take part in a character building experience or activity.
For further details contact a member of the Development team on 0161 339 2345 email: firstname.lastname@example.org