Greater Manchester Youth Network is recruiting a care experienced programme co-ordinator. The care experienced coordinators will directly support care experienced young people over three years via a mixture of weekly 1-1 support sessions, volunteering and positive group activities, as well as oﬀering them access to support from a mentor (via our partner Barnardo’s).
The fundamental aim of this new programme is to improve the life chances of CEYP in Manchester. The diverse programme activities will work in tandem to boost the conﬁdence, self-esteem and life skills of CEYP, helping to prepare them for future independence, enhancing their life opportunities and reducing social isolation.
The workers will be expected to work independently and as part of the wider GMYN team, with opportunities to learn and share good practice through GMYN’s other programmes.
- To create an eﬀective relationship with care leavers as well as young people who are in care; identifying their needs and help them to overcome barriers to participation.
- To provide appropriate support with a ﬂexible approach to encourage participation in project activities.
- To enable participants to clarify their learning and development needs and draw up individual action plans.
- To support young people to participate in learning activities including training and volunteering.
- To work with volunteer involving organisations to develop volunteering and development opportunities for young people.
- Deliver positive training activities enabling young people to develop key life skills and gain the knowledge they need to support a positive future.
- To be led by and focussed on the aspirations of the young person, in order to oﬀer the most eﬀective support.
- To ensure that in the project all participants are safeguarded and that good safe practice is followed in all project activities.
- Ensure that provision is of the highest quality and achieves positive outcomes for children and young people.
- To monitor and evaluate the project/programme outputs and outcomes using GMYN’s data collection tools and report these to management and the funder.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities that contribute to the organisations overall aims and objectives.
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: Full time (35 hours)
Applications closing date: 12pm on Monday 16 September 2019
Interview date: Thursday 26 September
For further information contact details: Jobs@gmyn.co.uk
Click here to apply.